Thursday, February 6, 2020

Learn More


Mystical Dragon – This design is a group of my snapdragon blooms I plant them every year! The bees just adore them and I have always been attracted to this flower. Learning about the symbolism I now understand why. Growing up in an abusive environment this flower was sending me strength and courage to carry on, to survive and to be the opposite of what I was surrounded by. It was teaching and showing me to find the beauty in the world and to speak my truth! I have always said I found my solace in nature, and I have learned through my art that she has always been there, protecting me, encouraging me to endure, survive and thrive!

Snapdragon symbolism – fascination, graciousness, and being friendly. The snapdragon is also a symbol of dignity, strength and resilience. It represents a unique beauty. It is also a flower essence of the throat chakra.

Legend has it that concealing a snapdragon makes a person appear fascinating and cordial, and in the language of flowers, snapdragons are said to represent both fascination and graciousness.

Damsels during the Middle Ages weaved snapdragons in their hair to make them gracious and captivating BUT to ward off unwanted advances. I think a bit of a tease don’t you? LOL 

The snapdragon can grow is difficult places like rocks and in stones. Their ability to grow in inhospitable places has given this beautiful flower the symbolism of strength and persistence fighting against challenges and difficult situations.

Legend has it in Germany that the snapdragon has the ability to ward off evil, bad luck or curses. They would hang this flower above a baby’s crib to product the infant.

In all areas of the world this flower had a powerful energy. That being said it is not surprising that it is also a flower essence of the throat chakra!

Symmetry is another manifestation of the balance of Yin and Yang, of the unimpeded flow of ch'i. 

#snapdragon #flowerlovers #naturelovers #naturenerd #art #flowerart #inspriation #inspirationalart #mandala #mandalaart #chakra #chakraart #zen #zenart #art #strength #courage #naturephotography #digitalart

No comments:

Post a Comment